Select track header and highlight all regions on said track?

Hello,

Coming from Logic where, if I clicked on an instrument track’s “header”, every region contained on that track would highlight. This is super helpful because it allows me to see, at a glance, if a given track is populated by regions, and where. Is there a preference in Cubase to toggle a similar behavior?

Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately this is not possible. You can right-click to the track and select Select All Events from the drop-down menu. Of course you can assign a KeyCommand to this function.

Explore the Preferences > Editing and Preferences > Editing > Project & MixConsole pages, please. You might find some nice settings, which would fit to your workflow.

Thanks Martin, that’s a very helpful suggestion and I’ll definitely implement it.

There is also the command, “Select all on Track” that you can assign to a keystroke.

Thanks Steve, that does the trick!

For what it’s worth if you double click with the Object Selection tool it will also select all regions from the region you click on to the end if that helps you at all. That’s a function I use regularly, it also allows you to move the regions rather than just range select them.