Select Where Bounced Tracks End Up

I asked this in another thread but I think it should have it’s own topic.

When I bounce tracks they always end up at the bottom of the arrange window. Is there a way to have those bounced tracks show up where I’m working?

3 Likes

Yes, I would love this feature as well. Voted for it.

I’d love for the new track to appear just below my SELECTED track. So, if I bounced a selected track, the new audio appears exactly below the one I just bounced.

1 Like

Yes!! Oftentimes I’m rendering all the audio of my streaming libraries because I don’t trust that they’ll always be there when I need them. Sometimes there’s 25+ samples to render. Going down to the bottom, dragging them back up, then do it again, then drag it back up, etc. Oy vey…

1 Like

Over here, once a MIDI performance is done, it gets rendered into an audio file. This way we never run out of CPU power, and have the sounds stored forevermore.

NARAS recommends this method as well.

I totally believe in that. Except I always seem to have situations where “let’s change the key”, “let’s change the arrangement”, “let’s change the atomic clock”, etc happens. I usually wait until the final mix before rendering all the midi files. But rendering the midi files into audio is what has saved me when opening up old Logic Windows files that have instruments I don’t/can’t use anymore like EXS24, ES1, ES2, EVD6, etc. I wish Emagic/Apple had made those excellent plugins available as VST’s. I would have bought them even though I owned them in Logic.

1 Like

YES I hate how it does that. I sometimes feel like the Steinberg developers don’t use the DAW they develop. This is a perfect example - why wouldn’t it be placed right underneath? Or at least give the option. Such a strange design choice to make it appear at the very bottom.

1 Like

Render in Place.

Duplicate the track (it appears underneath) then bounce the new version and disable the old.
That would work.

Why bother? Render in Place does all this in one move.

Simply select the track(s) you want to duplicate and go Edit / Render in Place. Rendered events will appear on the track(s) below the one(s) you selected and, if checked in the Render in Place dialogue, the source track(s) are muted.

2 Likes

This is very true, and works well.
I just responded to the “bounce tracks” request, and mine was a simple quick solution.

2 Likes