Selecting desired Audio I/O

Hello everyone ! :smiley:

I can’t figure out how to select the preferred Audio Input and Output in Cubasis .

I have an USB interface plugged in, and I can happily record from it.

I would like to listen to audio master output via 3.5 inches headphones ( while still having usb input plugged in),
but I can’t figure out where to specify that.

Is that even allowed in iOS ?
I’m new to Cubasis 3 and Apple .

thank you

Hi stanoc,

Cubasis comes with dedicated input and output routing options, which are located in the inspector.
Please find more details about the available options in the Cubasis in-app help.

Please let me know if this helps to solve the problem.

Best,
Lars

Hello Lars,

thank you for your answer.

Had a look at in-app help. Thank you.
Anyway, didn’t get the info I was looking for.

I’ll rewrite my question like that:

Let say I have 2 different audio interfaces .
Is it possible to use both at the same time ?
I would like to record from one and monitor that recording from the the other one =)

Maybe Audiobus allows different audio interfaces to be seen as one ?

thank you for your support !

Basically,

I have an Analog Four that streams multiple USB audio channels to iOS ( USB class compliant ).

Would lilke to record those streams and monitor them via iPad headphone’s jack .

Cubasis seems to access just an audio device at a time ( do not access headphones when USB is plugged in )
Is that an iOS limitation ? :unamused:

:slight_smile:

Maybe shouldn’t say this, but I’ve found that Audiobus 3 supports “Multiroute Audio” setting that just let route audio to built-in headphone output.

So hopefully this would be supported by Cubasis 3 as well in a future release update ? :sunglasses:
thank you !
:smiley:

byeee

I ran into a similar issue: Using an external IO unit over lightning, I wasn’t able to get audio over the iPad Pro 10.5 headphone jack. The audio settings are unhelpful, showing zero/little indication of what is being used, or how to change IO settings.

I know this is an old question, but to anyone else with this question, the way to hook up a USB audio interface to the Lightning port of an iPad is via the Apple Camera Connector Kit, and I recommend the genuine Apple Camera Connector Kit ($39) with 2 input ports, Lightning and Type A USB. I use the Lightning input port to always keep my charger plugged in to my iPad. Don’t want a power lag right in the middle of a recording!

Because iPads with Lightning ports don’t have enough battery power to support powered external USB devices, you also need a powered hub plugged into the Camera Kit and connect all your USB devices to the powered hub. The On/Off push buttons are a great time saver! No disconnecting and reconnecting cables, just turn the port on and off at will.

From experience, my personal recommendation are Sabrent powered hubs with On/Off push buttons. Skip the 4-port hub because it only uses a 5V AC adaptor and it’s only good for minimal USB devices. I learned this the hard way. It was great for 2 years until I got a condenser microphone that required 48V Phantom power. The audio interface could barely run the microphone. I upgraded to the Sabrent 7-port powered hub, which uses a 12V AC adaptor. My new condenser mic sprang to life, as it’s requirements were 44 to 52V to properly operate.

Were you ever able to access more than one USB I/O device using Analog Four?