Selecting External Effect Patches

I have set up a Lexicon PCM-91 as an ‘External FX’ in VST Connections, created a Midi Device on the Midi Device Manager screen (and added patch names) and associated the two in the Midi Device column on the ‘External FX’ screen.

But where can the patch names be selected? - As far as I can see, the only way to select patches for an external hardware effect unit from within N5 is to embed Program Change commands in Parts on a Midi Track set to the correct Midi Out and Midi Channel.

…and the solution is to create a Midi Track pointing to the External Effect.

With regard to creating a Midi Device that contains all of the patch/preset names, this does not appear to function in Nuendo. I spoke to two different people a Steinberg’s European Support today and neither of them could get it going. Actually, they did not even want to try, so perhaps they know there are issues in that area. I solved the problem by copying and editing an extant script file made for another piece of hardware - (The PCM-91 sure has a lot of patch names to edit in!)

Unless I am mistaking, this is done through “device panels”.
We have build devise panels for our TC6000 and Lexicon 960, and it took us a lot of time to create these presets.
So have a look at “device panels”, create them once for each unit you want to connect.

There are a few Cubase users who have created device panels for the most common unints.
I even think they are for free.

Fredo

Unless I am mistaking, this is done through “device panels”.
We have build devise panels for our TC6000 and Lexicon 960, and it took us a lot of time to create these presets.

Hi Fredo, can I get a copy of your TC6000 device panel preset?
Bernhard

Are you nuts?
;o)

Check your email.
Nice hearing aid BTW … :smiley:

Fredo

Hi Fredo,

I have done that using Midi Device Manage in N5.5.3 - but it does not work if creating a Device from scratch and following the instructions in the user manual.

In the last couple of days I have manually (in Notepad) created script files for the following:

Lexicon PCM-91
Lexicon MPX-500
Roland TD-20X V-Drums
Korg SP-100 Piano
Viscount DB-3 Hammond Keyboard

The only one I still have to figure out is a TC-Electronic FireworX effect.

Hi Fredo,

Do you still have your TC System 6000 device panel? Could I get a copy please?

Thanks, R