I generally don’t use the In-Place Editor, but recently did and it caused Cubase11 to crash when I selected a Scale Event on the chord Track. I was able to recreate this starting from an Empty Project.
- Create a new Empty Project.
- Add a Chord & Instrument Track
- Add a Scale Event to the Chord Track
- Add a MIDI Part to the Instrument track and add some notes to it by using Key Editor
- Open the MIDI Part using the In-Place Editor
- While the In-Place Editor is open Select the Scale Event - which crashes Cubase