Selecting unused takes automatically in audio lanes

After recording many takes i’ve made a compilation in the lanes. Is there a way to select the ones you hear OR the others automatically, so i can clean up a bit? I want to keep the other takes but on a different track. Or copy the comped audio on a new track to keep them seperated.

I know about the purge function in the pool or the project backup function. But i mean specifically on one audiotrack. It’s a lot of work doing it by hand after recording 50 takes.

And why can copied or moved audio be on top of another file on the same lane?
What is the logic behind that? It should be on an empty lane to keep the oversight right?

Thanks for reading this

I believe you can create a new version of the track after comping, then render one of them as 1 whole part.

Hi,

I would go for Bounce Selection instead of Render in Place.

What I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks! But this doesn’t solve how to select all these hundreds of parts and move them to a new track or track version. At this new track (version) i have more clarity to make all the required crossfades etc and then bounce to a new file. Then vocal tuning etc.

Thanks! But this doesn’t solve how to select all these hundreds of parts and move them to a new track or track version. At this new track (version) i have more clarity to make all the required crossfades etc and then bounce to a new file. Then vocal tuning etc.

You can duplicate the track?

Also, I noticed that if you click directly on a part with multiple takes, it only selects the top take. However if you click and hold in the project zone and then mouse over to select the audio part, everything underneath it is also selected.

Yes thanks i know, but how to select ALL the top takes in one go? It’s not possible right? You have to click each one holding shift or control…

Are you’re asking if Cubase can automatically know which takes you like and automatically select them all?
I don’t understand your question.

The ones you hear are the ones you selected after comping. These are highlighted. So I want to select All these highlighted regions with a single mouse click and move only the highlighted clips to another track. Then crossfade everything, bounce to new file etc. The rest can remain as backup takes.

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible by one click. The fastest way I found is to click to every single one in the track (not in the lanes), because the comped one is always on top.

Unfortunately if you use the lasso selection, it selects all lanes. Same if you choose the Select All Events of the given track.

Correct! So now it’s definitely a feature request for the steinberg team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried render in place ?

When comping, I will choose the take and fade if needed. Then I use track versions to make a new version on the same track, then render in place. So if you need to, you can always go back to a previous “version” and copy / paste back in… Then for vocal tuning you have one contiguous file that makes it much easier to navigate.