Semaphore Already Exists

When Cubase Pro 11 closes i get a message saying semaphore already exists and a number.
Any Ideas please ?

1 Like

assume you’re using jbridge ?

Thanks or the reply, Yes I am.

and that’s your problem :slight_smile:
time to wave goodbye to 32 bit I’d suggest.

OK Thanks i’ll just ignore it.
I don’t fancy paying a couple of thousand quid for the same stuff. (just 64 bit)
64 bit is another sort of software scam that enabledthe same stuff to be sold again.

1 Like

Obviously it’s your call :+1:

Thanks for the info’

I believe a serious and respectable software company should provide both 32 and 64 bit version of their plugin if they are available.
In fact I kinda doubt that there is ppl doing this, but please contradict me if it is not the case (would be nice to know what company does that though).

please allow me to strongly disagree on that… allowing your CPU to perform better by taking advantage of all the available instruction sets has nothing to do with the word “scam”

1 Like

(also I understand your pain since I lost several valuable sounding libraries in the 32 to 64 bit transition)

2 Likes

enable in jbridge settings :
perfomance mode
audio Master Get Time hack
use thread safety measures in auxhost

and on hardware plug ins also:
run in existing auxhost

this should solve your problem
cheers

2 Likes

I’m using Jbridge but don’t have a settings page.

You find the settings button on every VST plug in (on the Jbridge frame) which runs in Jbridge, when you open it inside Cubase. (Windows)

1 Like

Yep. Got it.
Many Thanks

This is likely caused by a jBridge plugin that requires the opcode “Run in existing auxhost” being activated. You have to locate which plugin is the one causing the issue and switch on that setting.

FIRST OFF: I know this has nothing to do with the Cubase, but anyway…

Why in the world jBridge does not have something like OVERRAL SETTINGS??? Like let’s say I use, just hypothetically, like 100 jBridged plugs - why in the world I have to go thru all of them to set some values globally???

Also I too agree that Cubase SHOULD HAVE something like its own internal “bridger”, like FLStudio.
Reason? Simple: you can say whatever you want but the point still stands that there are zillions of older 32bit ONLY plugs that simply does not have equivalents…and that’s it!

2 Likes

It did. I think Cubase 8.5 was the last version to have a VST Bridge