Send SYSEX to external device on Cubase Startup or Project Open

Hello,

I have an external MIDI keyboard that has a ‘Local Control’ setting (a stetting I would image is present on almost all MIDI keyboards). Whenever I’m using Cubase I must change this setting to OFF to eliminate redundant MIDI messages when I’m playing/recording in Cubase. Unfortunately, this setting is buried deep in the menu system. Fortunately, I know the specific SysEx command to turn this setting ON or OFF. Now I’m trying to find the best way to automate sending the SysEx command to the appropriate device at the appropriate time.

I’d like to automate sending the SysEx command to turn the setting OFF when either starting Cubase or opening a project. I’d also like to automate sending the SysEx command to turn the setting ON when either closing a project or shutting down Cubase. Is there a way to accomplish these two (2) objectives?

Regards,
Gregory Richardson

I also need to do similar things. Does anyone have an elegant solution? I thought I’d ask before spending hours going through the manual.

Hi,

MIDI Remote can do this. When Cubase loads the script, it can send a SysEx out. If you would make a script without any controls, this should work.

Thank Martin, I’ll look into it.