Sending MIDI clock from Cubase

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can help with a quick question… I need to send the clock from Cubase to an external synth via MIDI (one USB).

Not sure how to activate this - it’s not sending by default (and the external synth is set up to receive external clock), and I’ve been through (I think) all the preference options, but can’t find an option to send the clock via MIDI.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Transport menu>Project Synchronization Setup>MIDI Clock Out>(checkmark the desired MIDI Clock Destination).

And then you enable ‘sync’ in the transport bar to make it transmit.

No - you enable that to make Cubase slave to incoming MTC. So unless you want to do just that, leave it off.

Whoops, my bad!
I should’ve known Vic needs no corrections :wink:

Thanks guys - I’ve just tested this and it worked perfectly!

Cheers,
Mike

(damn! it’s so difficult to get spanked nowadays! :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: )

I’m having trouble keeping Cubase in sync with Clavia Nordlead 3’s arpeggiator.

First of all: the first note in the arpeggiator is ALWAYS skipped.
Second: each time the cursor jumps back to the start of a loop, the arpeggiator starts drifting.

Of course this can be a Clavia Nordlead bug, but I wouldn’t think Clavia would make such a mistake?

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to fix this?

Should that not be the other way round?

Keeping the Clavia Nordlead 3’s arpeggiator in sync with Cubase.

Cubase will be sending the sync? try activating send sync when stopped or whatever it’s called!

Hey,

I just tried this on my Cubase 7.5, but it doesn’t seem to transmit any midi data to Mutable Instruments Yarns.
What am i doing wrong? Please check screenshot attached.

thanks;

_irfan.
Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 12.38.49 pm (2).png