Sending stereo to mono

Hi!
I’m use Cubase 8.5 Pro and have stereo channel with kick from vsti where left channel is inner mic and right channel is outer mic. I trying to send it twp mono buses, but when I send stereo channel to mono, it sends only left channel and I can’t send right channel to mono bus. I’ve tried panning, but nothing happens.
In Cubase 5 I could do this with Sends Routing, but in the 8.5 I don’t.

When you import a audio file and are prompted with import settings dialog, you can “split channels” which will create 2 new files left and right channel.
If you do not get the import settings dialog then you need to enable it in preferences → Editing → Audio - On import Audio Files Open Options Dialog.
Once a audio file is imported, there is no more functions to a split channels that i know of, besides the following:

Another option is to “Export Audio Mixdown” of your stereo track and select - “Split Channels” - “L&R Channels” - “Import into Pool and or Audio Track” options as desired.

Another solution is reading through this thread here : Splitting Stereo Tracks already in Project - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

People mention using the mix 6 to 2 plugin, but any kind of plugin that can reveal left or right channel only and record or export.

Would be really nice if could select the channel in Mono Bus setup and in the Audio Pool Converting, but im not techy enough to know if thats physically feasible without making significant code changes to how the routing works.

There should be a split channel function in Audio, Process or Audio Pool menus that does all this stuff quicker.

Hi! Thanks.
But I wrote about busses, not about import.
“I have stereo channel with kick from vsti”.
I’m not importing any track. And I asked about functionality which worked in Cubase 5.
There is not topic “how can I make”.
So, earlier sends routing allowed to apply panning to stereo bus before send and the engine summed it to mono (not sends only left channel)

I know you are writing about busses, they do not work like that.

Read through the rest of my solutions carefully please. Your english is broken.

Another option is to “Export Audio Mixdown” of your stereo track and select - “Split Channels” - “L&R Channels” - “Import into Pool and or Audio Track” options as desired.

Another solution is reading through this thread here : Splitting Stereo Tracks already in Project - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

People mention using the mix 6 to 2 plugin, but any kind of plugin that can reveal left or right channel only and record or export the desired channel.

It would be really nice if we could select the channel in Mono Bus setup and in the Audio Pool Converting, but im not techy enough to know if thats physically feasible without making significant code changes to how the routing works.

There should be a split channel function in Audio, Process or Audio Pool menus that does all this stuff quicker.

I am playing around with mono busses and routing, I think if you pan the stereo track that has the mono group input on it instead of panning the group track itself might work.

You might need to change the pan mode to get true mono, there is a few variables im unsure about.

Exporting split channels should work if all else fails.

Please let us know if you figure out a solution to your issue.

For anyone reading this thread, we want to know if its possible to chose either the Left or Right Channel to be recorded through Group Mono Busses ? and what is the proper procedure ?

Cubase Operation Manual Reference:

Stereo Balance Panner
The stereo balance panner allows you to control the balance between the left and
right channels. It is activated by default.

Stereo Combined Panner (Cubase Pro only)
With the stereo combined panner, the left and right pan controls are linked and keep
their relative distance if you move them. It is available for channels with a stereo
input and output configuration.
• To activate this panner, open the context menu for a pan control and select
Stereo Combined Panner.
• To set the pan independently for the left and right channels, hold down
[Alt]/[Option] and drag left or right.
• To reverse the left and right channels, pan the left channel to the right and the
right to the left.
The area between the pan controls changes the color to indicate that the
channels are reversed.
• To sum two channels, set them to the same pan position (mono).
Note that this increases the volume of the signal.
• To specify the default stereo panner mode for new audio tracks, select File >
Preferences > VST.

So routing the Group Mono Bus to a Stereo Audio Track with the default Balanced Panner and then panning that stereo track either left or right might actually work properly. Have a play around with it.

My other solutions revolve around exporting split channels and re-importing the separated left and right channels back into the project to process further.

and the last solution is to try any kind of Mid/Side plugin or any plugin that can reveal separated left and right channels and then record that or export it and re-import.

The Cubase Operation Manual lacks alot of context for these types of questions, it would be nice if there was some basic hypothetical situations described in a little bit of context in the manual for these kind of things.