I’ve had some insightful replies - a link to a great tutorial…but still no success
I am sending a signal from an audio channel to an Fx channel - and I just want to hear the Fx channel by itself… gee you’da thought I ask for somebody’s firstborn child or something
I’ve never used the control room, and my “L” or listen button is disabled
Any easy way to do this?
I see in the channel settings window there is a Sends and a Cue Sends.
I know that when you create an Fx Channel, you can send the signal from an audio track out to the Fx Channel using the sends…
- but is the Sends Pre or Post Fader?
- is there a way to effectively mute the audio Channel sending the signal and just hear the Fx Channel
(It seems if I mute the audio Channel sending the signal, I can’t hear the Fx Channel)
- What about the Fx in an audio Channel Insert - is the signal sent via the Sends to an Fx Channel dry or is it the signal after any Insert Fxs?
- What about the Fx in an audio Channel Strip - is the signal sent via the Sends to an Fx Channel dry or is it the signal after any processing in the Channel Strip, like a limited, tube warmer, compressor?
- What is the Cue Sends for
I greatly appreciate the help – any links to video tutorials would be welcomed as well.
Cloudy in CBus