Separate Grid and Nudge values

This is one of my top requests. Coming from Pro Tools, this is about the only thing I miss when working with MIDI (and sometimes audio) in Cubase. The ability to just select a couple of notes, and then press a key to nudge it SLIGHTLY forwards or backwards. Manual quantizing if you like.

Let me explain: More than often I want to keep a performance and don’t want to quantize to the grid, but just adjust a couple of notes that were ever so slightly early or late. To do this now I have to set the nudge value to 1/128 note (for example), select the notes and then press the nudge left or right keys (which I’ve mapped to the two bracket keys to the right of “P”). Then I have to change the grid value back to the actual grid value I’m working with, be it bars, quarter notes, 8ths or anything else.

The option of having separate grid and nudge values is something I really really want! The nudge value could be set to samples, or frames (if working with video), even if the grid you are working with is bars and beats - and you wouldn’t have to change back and forth all the time to accomplish this. YES PLEASE, Steinberg :sunglasses:

+1

I highly suggest you try the Logical editor for midi notes. You can have it shift midi notes by as many samples you desire with a key command.

This one will shift the selected note/s right by 10 samples:

You can create one for shifting left and another to shift right.

For Audio events, you can use the Project logical editor:

You will have to play around with it until you find what works best for you.

Hope that helps!