Sequential Numbering Of Saved files

I was hoping there was a way to save the files open in the ribbon tab with the same name but sequentially numbered, is that there and I am missing it or is there a way of doing this?
I frequently have large files which I edit parts from, and it would be great to save them all in a project folder with incremental or sequential numbering

Unless thereā€™s a box you can tick in the preferences window, youā€™re probably out of luck.

ok I thought as much, I would like it so you could make a file name like Sound%%%.wav and it would be saved as Sound001.wav the next in the list Sound002.wav etc etc

Iā€™m guessing the only way you could do something like that is through batch processing, but that wouldnā€™t happen in situ.

OK looks like longhand then!

Did you check naming schemes? Maybe you could use same name and index (or counter) when rendering multiple files.

I donā€™t know any way by ā€˜Save Asā€™, but there is a function to export files using a naming scheme.
Main Menu: ā€˜Fileā€™/ā€˜Exportā€™ - Current File: ā€˜Renderā€™/ā€˜Multiā€™ - Check required files in the ā€˜Sourceā€™ list - ā€˜Partā€™: ā€˜Whole Fileā€™ - ā€˜Resultā€™: ā€˜Named Fileā€™ - in ā€˜Schemeā€™ select ā€˜Editā€¦ā€™ - Button ā€˜+ Add Attributeā€™ - Element 1: ā€˜Free Textā€™ (e.g. ā€œSoundā€), Element 2: ā€˜Counterā€™ - Button ā€˜OKā€™ - Button ā€˜Startā€™ to export files named ā€œSound 1.wavā€, ā€œSound 2.wavā€, etc. Additionally, you can fine tune naming by parameters.

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m glad somebody figured it out.

thank you! I shall take a look into this, thank you again :smiley: