Set a Qwerty_Keyboard's shortcut on a MIDI keyboard's button

Hi, I’m using Cubase 11 pro, can I set a QWERTY keyboard’s shortcut on a MIDI Keyboard’s button?
All MIDI keyboard’s keys (buttons, pads, maybe also knob, and keys) sounds, how should I set to play only the keys?
I’m using a APC KEY 25

Hi,

Do I understand you right, you want to trigger some functions from MIDI? Then use Studio > Studio Setup > Generic Remote Device, please.

1 Like

Maybe I didn’t express myself well, I would like to set a Qwerty shortcut (like “/” to active loop) on a Midi Keyboard’s button.

I searched in generic remote device before to write this topic, but I found nothing

Hi,

You cannot set the “QWERTY” (or the Key Command), but you can call the function (which is assigned to the Key Command) directly.

1 Like

wow, thanks … they should implement it, so we will save a lot of time

To elaborate a bit.

If you could set a button on the keyboard to generate a keystroke, that capability would be totally provided by keyboard manufacturer. Maybe there are some keyboards out there that are capable of this, but I’ve never heard of one.

The reason @Martin.Jirsak is suggesting the Generic Remote is because it can take a MIDI Message (which your keyboard can produce) and converts it into a Cubase Command.

1 Like