Set cubase cursor to mouse cursor position

Is there a way to designate the cursor within Cubase to jump to the position of the mouse cursor by some sort of command? In preferences under the Transport heading, I have the option “return to start position on stop” activated as this is the most logical option with regards to my work flow. But sometimes I’d like to be able to move the cursor to where my mouse cursor is at, especially when editing in close zoom, without having to move my mouse up to the ruler/bars meter and click there. I would instead be able to press a certain key on the keyboard and click anywhere in the “event area” and the cursor would then jump to this position. Does this possibility exist in Cubase 9.5? I’ve looked under key commands but found nothing.

Hi,

In preferences you can enable an option to move cursor at the place when you click mouse to the empty place (out of and part in the project window). So you don’t have to move the mouse cursor up to the ruler. I would say this could help to your workflow.

Beautiful. I missed that option in the preferences. Thanks!

If you are in 9.5 you can even hold option + shift (on mac, maybe alt+shift on PC) and click anywhere and the cursor will jump to where you clicked.! :smiley:

1 Like

^ this…

“ALT+SHIFT” & click will do it (PC). I use it all the time. Very practical.

Hi guys,

I find the alt+shift rather awkward, and I use it all the time. Can I change this key command? And where exactly in the preferences do I find the place mentioned by Martin.Jirsak? (option to move cursor at the place when you click mouse to the empty place)

Thanks!

Hi and welcome,

Preferences > Transport > Locate when Clicked in Empty Space.

Thanks! That solved it! Sorry to be late back to answer

Preferences > Transport > Locate when Clicked in Empty Space.
[/quote]

THANK YOU FOR THIS!