SetList for Performance

I have managed to figure out everything I need from VST Live except for two very basic elements.

1. The setlist is one of, if not the basic element of the program. I have a setlist up on the left zone with songs below it as well as the full page, three column setlist page. Are either of these setlists supposed to be used during performance? I cannot find what I would consider to be a “performance” setlist with options such as “start playing the set”, “delay or full stop between each song”… Maybe this doesn’t exist and i am to click “play” on each song during a show? Sorry for such a basic question…. I have read (most of) the manual. Thank you!!

Song list at the main view of the program is the “loaded” setlist for the actual gig.
But you can open SETLIST EDITOR where you can find the Pool of all your songs and build different SETLISTS for different purposes.

the “advanced setlist editor” was and addition later :slight_smile:

So to be clear… during performance, my only option is to walk over to the computer after each song, click on the next song, and hit play? below is a screen shot of my “main page” - (it looks a bit jumbled because I am only using test songs at this point).

well, yes, but under SONG / SONG ACTIONS you can e.g fire next song automatically, furthermore under Actions&Shortcutst you can dial any song number (from e.g. a MIDI controller).

But yes, basically you have some ordering for your songs that you follow, don’t you?

My biggest problem seems to be not knowing where to look for things. Yes, SONG / SONG ACTIONS seems to be exactly what I am looking for. Thank you for that. I have now managed to figure out everything I need - at least for now. My only request, is to have NOTES work on the iPad Mod - show up… and scroll like on the main screen (so I don’t have to enter 200 lyric text files one line at a time in LYRICS). Then I am golden. Thanks again.

| fkalmus
March 10 |

• | - |

well, yes, but under SONG / SONG ACTIONS you can e.g fire next song automatically, furthermore under Actions&Shortcutst you can dial any song number (from e.g. a MIDI controller).

But yes, basically you have some ordering for your songs that you follow, don’t you?

The default view when you open a project is that it will show you all of the songs, but with set lists you can reorder the songs and select the ones you want to include. And you can have multiple set lists.
Alternatively you can drag songs in the project into the order you want.

Thank you Clive….

1 Like

That is a known and discussed bug there. We’re waiting the fix for iOS MODS😎 so it will work then…

Excellent!! Thanks for all of your help.

| fkalmus
March 11 |

• | - |

Pipe_Dreams:

My only request, is to have NOTES work on the iPad Mod - show up… and scroll like on the main screen

That is a known and discussed bug there. We’re all waiting the fix for iOS MODS😎 so it will work then…

Working on it now.

2 Likes