Setting up Novation LaunchControl XL faders to one Cubase track to control CCs

No problem Martin - thank you for your help. I don’t know what the solution to this one is. Anyway, I’ll be moving onto Behringer X-Touch soon which hopefully won’t show up such bizarre problems.

Hi,

…is totally different device with different goal. The goal of it is to control the mixer.

Hi Martin,

Sure, a different kettle of fish. Hopefully my bizarre result from the Novation will solve itself eventually.

Benedict,
could you upload a screenshot of your MIDI devices please? Like this:

Sure Ralf,

You said in a previous post that the HUI protocol is connected through MIDIIN/OUT2 of your Novation.
In this case you should deactivate this port in the “In ‘All MIDI’” column.
Deactivate the Microsoft GS Wavetable port as well, it has no use and can cause trouble in some cases.

As you can see, I have a Novation ZeRO SLMkII which can work in three possible ways:
Mackie HUI (via dedicated virtual MIDI port), Automap (dedicated virtual MIDI port) and advanced MIDI (ZeRO MkII MIDI port). I’ve given up on the HUI port since I also have a Nektar master keyboard
which implements mixer/transport and other controls better than the ZeRO MkII.

It’s probably best to assign 1 function to 1 MIDI port, otherwise you may have conflicting controllers:

And as Martin already said, make sure your self-programmed controller template is correctly uploaded and saved to your controller.

Hope this helps

Hi Ralf,

Many thanks for your help. I’ve deactivated the MIDIIN port in the In All MIDI column as well as deactivating the Microsoft GS Wavetable port. Still the same.

I was looking at the Automap 4 User guide, another possible route, and possibly Advanced MIDI. But I’ll probably be setting up Behringer X-Touch soon when it arrives, so it’s mainly curiosity to try and solve this one.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry I couldn’t help more.
I don’t know the LaunchControl XL, but if it has equally Automap and advanced MIDI, the latter is the way to go, using the LaunchControl MIDI input (not MIDIIN2).
It can take some time to get your head around it.

Cheers

No problem Ralf - many thanks for your help - I didn’t know about Automap or advanced MIDI before. It is useful to know about it, but I won’t delve into that yet. I hope Behringer X-Touch (when it arrives) will be simpler to setup and get running correctly.

1 Like