Settings for Sound Blaster Audigy 5/Rx - Example to Share?

New to Cubase and new to DAW, and having many questions, bare with me…

Anyway, I installed a Sound Blaster Audigy 5/Rx on my Windows 10 machine, and perhaps someone else has a setup which works well, and if so I’d like to get some advice (concrete settings that should work).

(Apart from these “expected proper settings” I do have some problems with degraded sound quality on Render and MixDown, therefore I would first like to ensure that I have proper settings on the sound card before diving deeper into the degradation problem).

WHAT I HAVE
As I don’t really know what “should” work and what “shouldn’t” work, I post some screenshots of things that causes some problems.

#1. At first I had set the ASIO driver option “Creative ASIO” in the dialog below, and then I tried to set it to the option with the name of the actual sound card, but then the following error message show up. But, I don’t really know what that “VST System link” is all about, and whether that error is to expect from trying to set this ASIO driver option(?)

The above happened when I changed from ASIO Driver option “Creative ASIO”. This may or may not be the preferred option, but since I have the sound degradation I thought I would at least try changing things. Advice?

#2. What seems to work though (apart from the option “Creative ASIO”) is the last alternative in the list, which also seems to have acceptable lower latency times etc., and no error messages when selecting this option:

#3. But one problem I have with both the options that doesn’t cause any error messages, is that when I go down to the section “VST System link” and run the self test, I consistently get errors. Why is that? The settings are as follows (self test errors included):

What will the consequences be due to these errors?

So, if anyone has a similar sound card and want to take the opportunity to “lecture me” on how to set this thing up properly, I will be listening very carefully to your advice! :grin:

My Win10 machine info:

Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3601 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product X79-UD3 (ver 1.0)
RAM 32GB

// Rolf

VST System Link is a protocol for communication between digital audio devices. You’re not using it, so those settings don’t do anything.

All the setting you need are in Audio System and your sound card’s control panel.

1 Like

Hi @steve , thank you for this information, that means I now have one thing less to worry about.

If someone has good advice also about the Audio System settings for the Audigy card in that same dialog, I’d be very interested to learn more.

//Rolf