Several midi channels on one instrument track?

You don’t happen to have your “MIDI (Cycle) Record Mode” (on the Transport panel) set to “replace” or “overwrite”?
I’ve tested it with “Merge/Mix”.

It was set on New (Parts)/Mix.
Now I tried Merge/Mix, but that makes no difference.
I tried some other setings there, and also in Preferences and in the Expression Map, without success now…
How do you set the new to be recorded sound? With a Remote Key before starting record or after?
The new articulation/channel overwrites the existing when I set the remote key after starting record.
When I set the remote key before record the sound changes to the one already recorded.
I thought it might be correlated to Preferences - Record - MIDI - Replace Recording it Editors, but the setting there also doesn’t change it…

| Cubase 7.0.1 64 bits; Cubase 6.5.4 64 bits | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 256 GB | Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | much hardware

You’re right, the articulation seems to be overwritten. I would swear my first test runs didn’t overwrite previous data. :confused:
Strange, and not expected behavior, because attributes are specifically aimed on single notes. Maybe we are missing a setting indeed.

What a shame!

Maybe we can try some more later, and if we’ve got news post it here?
I’ll be using the common method till then.
I like this little research once in a while!

| Cubase 7.0.1 64 bits; Cubase 6.5.4 64 bits | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 256 GB | Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | much hardware