Shared input and external effect buses

Why must external effects buses and input buses be exclusive?

For example, I might want a compressor to be an external effect during a mix, but for tracking it would be nice to use it as an input.

Today in Nuendo, I may not use a buss that’s part of an external effect as an input, even when I’m NOT using it as an effect…

Sigh…

Yes I would love to have the plugin available for many tracks…

The original design must help us not double bussing stuf but …

Could you give me the possibility to manage my stuf ? I would love to have the plug in in all my tracks (i do mastering) only one song on one track is used at a time.

Now if i want to use the plug i have to automate the bypass button on my main “send to rack buss”… anoying.

Thanx !

I think we are talking about different things.

What I’m looking for is the ability to use the same input as an input OR an external plug-in.

For example, if I set up an external plug-in for a compressor, I cannot then track with that channel regardless of if I’m using it as a plug in or not. And, because external plug-in configurations are not selectable like input and output set-ups, there’s no really easy way to accomplish this.

So, what I end up doing is patching it in the rack before it gets to the converter.

Would be nice to do this in software instead.

+1

Bump!

Sort of related to Open Bus requests, as well. Basically, allow multiple concurrent/conflicting bus set ups to exist as one time, and only when one goes into use does it become committed into a configuration. This would be true across inputs, outputs and external plugins.

Might also be interesting to introduce an idea of a virtual bus, sort of how like main mix works with the control room activated, but does not require attachment to a physical io

But MOSTLY, I just want to be able to use outboard for tracking and as an external plug without having to reconfigure Nuendo between the two options.

+1