sharing user sounds thread !

but the question if user presets for f.e. the flexphraser, and user presets on layer level are included in the vstformat remains…

kind regards,
R.

I’ve tried this and it works with my own sounds as long as they stay in the same place on the same computer, but if I move them to a different computer (or even to a different disk on the same computer) it gets broken. It appears that the full path is getting saved somewhere.

I haven’t been able to find a way to save a single “blob” file that contains both samples and multiple presets.

Thank you…

i bought it after demoing it for a few weeks and today for me was very interesting. i started reading the manual. :slight_smile:
even with having good results on the fly this is a must do.
halion 5 isnt overkill at all for me. after quickreading the manual this is something that is technically years beyond everything else i have seen (once you get the picture).
but it seems that there are very few people who see the power of this vsti as f.e. the presets compared to the engine are really from the stoneage and no one else seems to use it as far as i could notice. So the tech guys give you the means, but the show-off guys are not using it.
that is why this tread is a must have for a future release. preset sharing…

in fact the combination of the flexphraser, the midiplayer and the drumthing combined with the perfect integration and exchange possibilities back and forward from one to the other in cubase are far better then anything f.e. specrasonics, native instruments and the rest of the competition have been showing as we speak (but for most speaking about creating interesting automated midi data)
this is completely limitless if your goal is automated orchestration.
and the factory content is a bit outdated. So extra soundpacks are welcome here, but then again they are protected. That is a bit a drawback. Everything should be done from groundlevel.

i will be posting a vst sound file within a couple of weeks.

tip: if someone is looking on the exchange front of how to: look in the manual for “vst sound file”.
(not the presets)

kind regards,
R.

Spectrasonics can do some pretty amazing modular stuff too, but H5 is ( I wouldn’t say overkill either, but) mind-blowing, and a bit hard to digest at once. I can’t wait for the day when I can breeze thru it and comprehend every detail.

I agree though, it is so powerful… I imagine the presets have been carried over from earlier versions, maybe updated for compatibility?

When it comes to flex phrase, though, it’s kinda beat oriented which takes it into subjective/per genre territory, so it can be hard to fit into your music, but that all depends of course. I’m actually most interested in hybrid instruments that have wild morphs and transitions, but still sound like classic instruments. So my focus is all on trigger, layer alt, and KS. For a dumb artist like me, it’s gonna take time :laughing: