Shortcut for fingering accordion

Hello,

It would be great if we could have the possibility to have a shortcut for the strokes below the fingerings and the circles.
I am writing an accordion score with fingerings and it is very tiring to do it with the bottom panel.
Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hi Laurent.
If you’re using playing techniques to input these “fingerings”, you can set popover entries. Then, with a Streamdeck or a macro tool (auto hot key or keyboard maestro), you can set a shortcut system that could speed the process up.

Hello Marc,

Yes, but for consistency with the writing techniques and placement, I stay in fingering mode.
I am currently using the scripts for the circles but it would be more practical to have the circles and strokes as keyboard shortcuts.
This was an observation but thanks for the help.

1 Like

Sorry, I am not familiar with the accordion and the specifics of its notation. I think I messed up fingerings with the other special glyphs for accordion (that Bravura has) that describe octave shifts, tones…

I think the best option would be to use an accordion fingering font, then enter them as lyrics.

This is not a good solution because the fingerings are placed in the same way as the piano with occasional strokes or circles for additional rows.

I still think lyrics would be the best solution. It would be fairly easy to design it in such a way that it’s automatically displayed correctly based on the input. Could you provide some examples? I might be willing to create something for you.

What he means by “placed in the same way as the piano” is that the numbers ride up & down with the notes, not all in a line like lyrics.

Ah gotcha. I guess text objects are the way to go.

Hi Dan,

It’s very kind of you to try to help me in the design of an accordion font if that’s what I understood.
If you are interested I can explain in detail what should be done.
Please contact me privately so as not to overload the conversation thread.
Thanks in advance

I don’t think anyone will mind you posting it here, as this is certainly on-topic with your original post. Let me know what sort of shapes and combinations it would entail and I’ll take a look. No promises!

ok, I’ll send the detail tomorrow I’m going to bed.

Hi Dan,

I’ll try to explain the principle of accordion fingerings to you.
Given your level, you will have no trouble understanding.
Accordion fingerings are written and placed in the same way as piano fingerings.
That is to say either above, below or to the side.
The button accordion has additional rows 4 and 5 which are identical to rows 1 and 2.
To differentiate them we use the circle with the number of the finger in it, i.e. 1,2,3,4,5 circled.
For standard basses, there are up to two additional rows of basses arranged in fifths for tonal music.
To find out which row to play, use the underlined fingering for the first row and the double underlined fingering for the second row.
The circle is not used to avoid confusion with the free bass notes.
In some editions the plus under the fingering is used for the 1st row and the cross under the fingering for the 2nd row in standard bass of course.
It would be nice if it were possible to control the thickness of these symbols.
The stroke more pressed or bigger or longer etc, the plus or cross smaller or bigger more or less far from the fingering same for the circle. To see what is feasible.
As far as fingerings are concerned, it would be nice to be able to hide the background when they are in the staff so that they can be placed wherever you want, above, below or to the side.
Automatic organisation is also desirable if possible but not essential.
This means for the right hand in chord the smallest number at the bottom the smallest number at the top with the possibility to deviate from the rule if needed because the rows can allow us to have an organization like 2,1,4, superimpose for a chord
In the left hand, depending on the system, for a chord, we have either the smallest number at the bottom and the largest number at the top, or the opposite, or something like 3,5,2, from bottom to top for a chord.
This makes 30 fingerings
Please give me some feedback to see what is possible or not.
Personally I preferred the fingering entry but it remains to be seen.

01 - Voix - accrodion fingering.pdf (33.5 KB)
Best regard

Please I need some help. I’m using Dorico 5 and Noteperformer 4 (both trial versions) in an orchestral piece with one accordion. The fact is the instrument doesn’t allow to change the volume in the mixer. It remains the same all the way up and down. I don’t know what to do. Thanks in advance.

Assuming you are using the NP mixer and not the Dorico mixer, this will only set a base level for each instrument. Beyond that, one has to apply dynamic expressions within the music itself or use the CC lanes to affect changes in dynamics.

One can, by using IRV and different voices, set different volumes for different voices by confirming dynamic changes in the voice using ALT/OPT + ENTER to exit the popover.

Accordion.dorico (969.0 KB)

1 Like