Shortcut to "edit instrument" in Write Mode

What I’m looking for is a shortcut to display the VST for a selected stave while in write mode. The alternative is to go the Play tab and display the VST. Which I admit isn’t the most onerous, but it is a slow down as tab switching takes a bit. Is there a way?

1 Like

No, there’s no way to do that at present.

+1 for that. It would speed things up in my workflow. Often I’d like to change the mic settings in the Spitfire BBCSO player for example. A simple Key Command to bring up the player would be great.

Would it be possible for this to be implemented? Any workarounds would be welcome… it’ll definitely be a time-saver for me at least.

In Windows at least, once I call up a VST screen (Kontakt or the like) from Play it exists in the background as I return to the main Dorico program. I can then call up the VST screen when I want to see it by hovering over the Dorico icon in the task bar and selecting the icon for the VST.

When I save and subsequently reopen the Dorico file, the VST screens reopen as well.

1 Like

Agreed - but I don’t really want 20 or however many VSTi windows in the open in the background all time.