Should I buy a new Mac Pro?

Hi Sam,

So, no one may touch this question after a recent, now (thankfully) locked thread. Allow me to re-direct you…

If you’re up for making a few pots of coffee and spending the entire day reading this already infamous forum classic, you may actually glean a few nuggets of insight amid the vitriol-drenched mac/pc debate; of which, the question “should i buy a new mac pro” may also be wrung out like so much dirty water from soiled laundry:

Or, allow me to give you my abridged, abridged version:

“Sure, go for it. If you’re asking the question here, you’ll likely be very happy.”

My abridged version:

“Sure, if what you have now isn’t doing what you need and if you’ve got the funds, like OS X, aren’t overly focused on the benchmark wars and/or don’t want to build a computer yourself and are okay with the knowledge that someone, somewhere may have built a computer from individually sourced parts that bests your new Mac Pro for less money, you will surely be thrilled by the shiny new Mac Pro. And it will without question give you more fx and tracks than you currently enjoy.”

Other nuggets: Cubase is cross-platform! We have choices. Everyone wins. Hardcore orchestral users needing thousands of tracks can use Vienna Ensemble Pro and perhaps not need to upgrade their main DAW.

I think I got it all.

:smiley:

Cheers.