Should the Pros Upgrade to C11? Here's my experience

[/quote]

Of course a lot of the general user seem happy. Sadly, the current situation is that most of them are unemployed musiciens who recently turned to producing and are using the very basic features of Cubase and none of the more extensive features a professional uses every day.

[/quote]

It’s one thing to be disgruntled for issues you have with software you have paid for. I accept that. But the ego displayed on this thread is something else. Again making assumptions about what level of ‘pro’ people are at who use cubase. Very presumptuous and incredibly shortsighted… you really have no idea
[/quote]

It’s not, believe me, these people are my friends, you might have misinterpreted. I use to tour as a professional musician and I made the switch to production around 6 years ago. Many of my musicien friends are in a very bad place right now because of the curent situation. A lot of them have turned to producing. The same goes for the VO artists we work with. Many of them have built there little home studios and are using a DAW in a very basic way. Sorry if it sounded mean or egocentric. Was not my intention. When I say it’s sad, I mean it. I might sound harsh towards Steinberg but I’ve refrained from attacking anyone personally here. So I’ll will be turning off notification for this one now.

[/quote]

It’s not, believe me, these people are my friends, you might have misinterpreted. I use to tour as a professional musician and I made the switch to production around 6 years ago. Many of my musicien friends are in a very bad place right now because of the curent situation. A lot of them have turned to producing. The same goes for the VO artists we work with. Many of them have built there little home studios and are using a DAW in a very basic way. Sorry if it sounded mean or egocentric. Was not my intention. When I say it’s sad, I mean it.
[/quote]

No worries, but despite your personal experience of out of work musicians, I would have to disagree. The majority of bedroom and young producers do not use cubase. They ‘mainly’ use ableton, fl studio, reaper etc. Most don’t gravitate to cubase due to the expense mainly. Unless they start on Artist. And why should they when they can get other great daws for free. Young producers are mainly using cracked ableton or logic, or reaper which is essentially free. There is no reason why your out of work musician friends need to be paying 500 or whatever it is for cubase pro. That makes no sense. If you have no money you don’t buy the most expensive daw you buy within your means. Which in today’s market is very advanced anyway.

Cubase users have a much higher percentage of ‘professional’ users. That is people who make money from their software through business use like composing for scores, tv and film. And of course there are a ‘small’ number of high profile dance producers who are slowly coming to the fore as cubase users. There’s a reason all of these professionals use cubase as their daw of choice.

I get how frustrating it is when there are bugs in cubase as with most other software, and we as users should and do bring it to their attention. I do too. But all whilst understanding the level of expertise and innovation that also goes into this daw.