Show Hide Track Types

Is there any particular reason why the key commands Mixer>Hide: Audio, Hide: Groups, Hide: Instruments etc. only work when one of the three mixers is open and not in the project window even though they are part of the project window options other than Input and Output Channels.

Also as a side note, the key command name is deceptive, this seems like it should really be called Toggle View: Audio, Toggle View: Groups etc. since it doesn’t just hide them with the key command.

If there is another way to just hide Instrument and MIDI tracks in the Project window, without doing it based on track name, and regardless of if they have MIDI events on them yet, with the PLE or some other way that would be great to know.

The Macro’s I Use for audio that that always works regardless of window are the following.

Macro - Track View 01 - Hide Only Audio Tracks
Project - Bring To Front
Process Project Logical Editor – Hide All Audio Tracks
Macro - Track View 01 - Show Only Audio Tracks Project
Bring To Front
Process Project Logical Editor - Hide All Tracks
Process Project Logical Editor - Show All Audio Tracks
Macro - Track View 01 - Toggle Only Audio Tracks Project
Bring To Front
Process Project Logical Editor - Toggle All Audio Tracks

Audio tracks are simple with the PLE, the problem with these is it always brings the focus to the Project window because the PLE will not work otherwise (which would solve a lot of other problems if it did always work regardless of window focus).

Also for me I always sync visibility of MixConsole and Project so the control surface will update tracks.