Simple one - Cubase 10.5 Mix / piano roll focus

Does anyone have a neat shortcut way of swapping focus between Arranger window and Mixer window?

I’ve been using Cubase for years and this is something that has bugged me for a long time , and I’ve just lived with it. - I only know how to click the window to bring focus - the F key options are all just layout styles, they don’t help with the actual job focus.

A simple shortcut (basically a bit like alt-tab which allows you to switch from one active program to another - usually between Cubase and VEPro in my case) would be a real bonus.

Moving and clicking the mouse might seem like a simple thing to do but when you’re in the middle of a big arranging project and just want to achieve something really quickly in the mixer window it would be nice to have a shortcut saved.

This may be not the answer you’re looking for, but I wanted the same thing so I got the new logitech G502 multi-button mouse. There’s a button right in front of your thumb and is assignable, so I assigned it to F3. Voila! Mixer open/closes at the flick of my thumb.

I’ll assume you have 1 monitor, and in preferences you have check marked the double click on part opens key editor? That does bring the editor window in focus. But I’m not sure what you mean by “actual job focus?” What are you trying to achieve when you say “actual job focus?”

Ctr+tab and Alt+tab are Windows key commands, not Cubase. And unfortunately in Cubase, other than the close/re-open functions to change or achieve focus, like closing mix console 1 then re-opening it…windows Ctr+tab is your only option. If anyone else knows of any others please share. I’ll assume you also use the KC “close editor” assuming it is in focus, so at least you don’t have to use a mouse for that.

I agree, better focus management for those wishing improved workflow is lacking in Cubase, and it has been requested for years. There are several advanced mouses you might look at…Jack mentioned one of them, plus iirc check out auto-hot key.