Simple question? Control Room monitor

I use an extra bedroom for my recording studio. Which means I often need to mute the monitors so that the mix is sent only to the headphones. At one time using the same AudioBox 1818 I’ve had forever, I was able to just mute the main speakers using the control room controls. Then I moved to a new house, new set up etc.

Now when I mute the main speakers using control room panel, the headphones signal plays through the studio monitors (obviously defeating the purpose). I become accustomed (grudgingly) to reaching behind the monitors and switching them off manually. While this accomplishes the intended result, it seems a bit Fred Flinstone, especially with the fancy Cubase Pro 10.5 software I’m running on windows 10.

Is there something simple I’m missing here?

David

Obviously the output routing (most probably in your Audiobox 1818 routing mixer) is not correct.

Yeah. I thought so too. But I have the headphones coming out of channels 7 & 8 On the Presonus while the mains are routed through 1 & 2. Logically this should work. But alas, no dice. Unless the device itself is summing the signals. Which I’m not quite sure how to test.
David

Obviously the output routing (most probably in your Audiobox 1818 routing mixer) is not correct