Simplest way to copy and paste chord symbols?

I am trying to find the simplest way to copy and paste chord symbols. In Dorico, the chord symbol is not attached to the notes (which is understandable so you can write in a bar without erasing it). But, in order to copy the chord symbols, it seems like it adds some steps:

1. Select all the bars from the system track you want to copy
  2. Filter chord symbols
  3. Copy
  4. Select the location you want to paste
  5. Paste

I don’t see any keyboard shortcuts for selecting a bar in the system track. Since most of my chord symbol instruments are at the bottom of my band scores, this also adds the extra steps of scrolling up and down to make sure I’m at the right place.

Alternatively, you can command-click/select the chords you want to copy and paste. This is okay if it’s a few chords, but if it’s a lot, it leaves a lot of room for error in the pointing and clicking (individually) or selecting items you don’t want (command-click and drag).

Anyway, just seeing if anyone out there has a easier way of copying and pasting chord symbols. Thanks in advance.

There isn’t an easier way (though IIRC Select More works on chord symbols). It used to be that chord symbols copied and pasted with the music, but this was potentially disastrous (see https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121416 for why). If my chord symbols are at the bottom of the screen and I need to find my place, I use Z and X to zoom in and out rather than scrolling. Bear in mind you don’t actually need the chord symbols to be on screen at the point at which you Filter.

I have tried many ways to copy chord symbols from one measure and paste to another to know avail. I tried using the system track, selecting it, using the filter, copying, did not paste later, and all permutations of that. Is there a video showing copying and pasting chord symbols?

Also, perhaps it is because I modified the Chord Symbol fonts? I select a section. Lyrics select, notes select, chord symbols never select, even when I use the “Filter->ChordSymbols” Can’t copy more than one Chord Symbol, either, like with a shift and continue to click. Doing it all by printing score and putting in by hand. Any thoughts?

Are you trying to copy from one bar to another bar? Or to copy from one instrument to another instrument?

I am copying from one series of bars to a section later on in the piece, same instrument.

There’s really no restriction on copying chord symbols. Select one, do Ctrl+Shift+A (Windows) or Shift-Command-A (Mac) to select more of them, copy them to the clipboard, select a note or rest at the position where you want them to appear, and paste.