Single trigger midi sequence - multiple channels

Hi guys,
I make orchestras with people that has brain diseases and built some triggers so that they can activate single notes or midi sequences only by hitting one trigger.
I made an Arduino box that has 6 trigger inputs (from midi channel 1 to 6) and this is working (midi monitor shows the on-off messages for the different channels when each trigger is pressed).
The issue is, to have different channels activating different VSTs I have to select the same midi input (arduino), select “any” for the channel input, and then select the channel I want in each of the vst. This works for single notes!
The problem is that when I turn the Arpache SX on, it doesn’t play with the “any” channel option, obliging me to select a channel. When I select a channel all the triggers play all midi channels! :slight_smile: Hope the explanation was clear… Can anybody please help? I have very few time and an orchestra of people waiting for me to solve this… Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

Do you want to make the Channel restriction on the Input or Output side, please?

Could you describe the use case? What MIDI data does Cubase receive? How should Cubase change the data? What should be on the Output?

Hi Martin,
I believe that making the restriction on the input would be more logical.
The midi data cubase receives is note on-note off only (C2 in this case), each trigger in it’s midi channel.
How should Cubase change the data? No change I think… I just want cubase to receive the on-off message for different channels and insert Arpache Sx to play a sequence note each the trigger is pressed.
On the output there shall be vst instruments (one for each channel).
Thanks for the reply!

Hi,

Then use the Input Transformer to filter the other channels on the Input out.

1 Like

Is there a preset to do it? I’m not much into programming the transformer. Shall I put it in the midi insert?
Enormous thanks, once again!

Hi,

Yes, there is a preset.

Not MIDI Insert. There is dedicated feature named Input Transformer

1 Like

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss!!! Thanks a lot!!! that’s it!!! thanks a lot!!!