Siri deaf to "Dorico"

I thought while I was on my main computer, having my Ipad out I could call up Dorico help with the voice command.

But I haven’t got Siri to recognize the word Dorico even once. Anyone else have any luck with this? Maybe it’s just me. I can sure get Doritos if I need to though.

Or maybe if enough people try it will catch on. It says Siri is using Google as default search engine so that’s fine.

If she’s confusing it with Doritos, then you’re probably not saying it right. The accent is on the first syllable.

Well, that was kind of half joke, but I literally couldn’t get it to interpret Dorico correctly. It would get it wrong, or split it into two different words.

My Google home mini device recognizes Dorico just fine, and went on to give me the whole story about how it originated etc. Maybe try installing Google Assistant on your phone and experiment a bit.

Here in France, Siri does recognize Dorico well. Strange, isn’t it?

If you can’t make Siri to recognise the word Dorico, try to make a dummy contact called “Dorico”. That way, Siri will incorporate the word.

This is genius, though my friends would never let me hear the end of it if they found out. “We know you’re obsessed with Dorico, but… really?” :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Don’t let them know! Everybody has their little unspeakable secrets!