sixteenths alternating between voices and beaming

Hi,

I’m new to Dorico Pro 3 and have been struggling to figure out how to enter something like the attached image. I wasn’t even sure what to search.

Thanks for any help!

It’s reasonably straightforward: input the stem-down notes in a down-stem voice on the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th etc. 16ths of the bar; input the stem-up notes in an up-stem voice on the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th etc. 16ths of the bar; select the whole passage and do Edit > Remove Rests to remove all the rests; select the first note and do Edit > Select More to select all the notes in that voice (which will get the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc. notes), do Edit > Beaming > Beam Together; select the second note and do Edit > Select More to select all the notes in that voice, then do Edit > Beaming > Beam Together. Flip the down-stem beam if necessary by selecting any note in the beam and hitting F.

Now you can select that whole bar and repeat it to the next bar with R, and use Lock Durations to repitch the notes.

Single bar example attached, which you can just copy and paste into your own project.
allemande.dorico.zip (251 KB)

This bariolage is achieved using an upstem voice and a downstem voice, get rid of the rests (Edit>Remove rests) and beam together notes from the same voice… Here’s a project where you’ll find a bariolage, it would probably help you understand how it’s done (don’t forget to turn the voice colors on in the view menu).

PS : Obviously Daniel was faster than me !
Bariolage.png
Bariolage.dorico.zip (802 KB)

Thank you both so much!