Size of 7 on Chord symbols

I’m trying to sort out my preferred chord style, and I want my Major 7th chords to have a subscript ‘MA’ but a full size 7, as in the picture attached.
Fma7.jpg
But I’m having difficulty finding settings that would do this. Is there a way to change the size of the 7 (or whatever number) but leave the mi/ma designation?

On the Chord Symbols page of Engraving Options, set ‘Appearance of major seventh’ to ‘MA7’, then set ‘Vertical position of major seventh’ to ‘Subscript’. Scroll down to the bottom of the dialog and click the ‘Edit’ button to open the Edit Project-Default Chord Symbols dialog. Add “Fmaj7” to the list of chords by typing it into the box at the top left and clicking +. Now select the ‘7’ that appears in the main editor, which should be selectable independently of the ‘MA’, and click the pencil icon in the action bar in the grid of components below the main editor. Set the X and Y Scale values to e.g. 160% and click OK, then Apply and Close.

Now you should find that every time “MA7” is shown in your project, “MA” will be subscript and the “7” should be larger.

Aah, the Edit button down the very bottom was the thing I was missing. Thanks.

Another question: if I apply my changes here, then hit ‘Save as Default’ will they persist for all new files?

Also, are all changes made in Engraving rules saved across to new files when the SaD button is hit?

1. Yes
  2. No

If he does it this way, he’s now changed the “7” globally, so he’ll need to select subscript for something like a normal G7 as that 7 has been affected too. Wouldn’t it be better to leave the 7 alone and edit the “MA” to appear smaller, as it’s more likely he’ll want that everywhere it appears, such as in a major 9th chord?