"Sizing applies time stretch" not working in the key editor

The “sizing applies time stretch” pointer in the key editor behaves just like the regular pointer and doesn’t timestretch anything.

Hi,

It’s like this since ever in Cubase. Actually, I have never understood, what should the Sizing Apply Time Stretch do in the Key Editor. If you want to speed the MIDI Notes up or down, use the Sizing Apply Time Stretch tool in the Project Window, please.

1 Like

Well, it should work as timestreching in the project window, so it wouldn’t be required to use time stretching in the project window.

Why, Steinberg? Why? This is so frustrating… I would love to make use of this function all the time in the piano tool. Yet, the option is there but it does not work ;(

1 Like

Our old friend @vic_france (RIP) understood what it does! (and it doesn’t really do very much)

2 Likes

It doesn’t make sense in my opinion.
This tool stretches a content proportionally to its container when you resize the latter. In the project window context the content of MIDI parts is note(s), and in the Key Editor the containers are the notes and their content is Note Expression(s)

I didn’t even know this last point. Vic, if you hear us: thank you!

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry, In not with my Cubase right now…

Can you seemed and stretch selected MIDI CC curves by using the tool in the Key Editor?

Here is the tool in action:

Timestrecthing_tool

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry, I was totally wrong with the Controller Lane. The Object Selection Tool is not applied in the Controller Lane at all. So to answer this question… No, the curve doesn’t stretch.

Hi,

Thank you for this.

Just for clarification, if you use the “Normal Sizing” tool, only the MIDI Note becomes extended or shorten. The Note Expression data in it remains/is not stretched in that case.

1 Like