SL9 EQmatch unusable

Just upgraded from 8 to 9 and there is an enormous difference in speed processing with EQ match in SL9. For the same file same process, same computer :

• 20 sec in SL8
  • 5 min 30 in SL9 !!

It looks like a serious bug (same behavior in ARA mode).

Indeed I can repro. This will be fixed in the next patch.

1 Like

Thanks, Robin !

I am also noticing that when trying to use Cast / Mold, after struggling for a bit, it gives me a popup that it is unavailable to preview (it destroys my 14-core processor lol). Also when doing it offline (not a preview), sometimes it takes a while to render, whereas before it was pretty much instantaneous. Could this also be related to the above? SL9 / Win10 / i9-7940x.

Yikes - also getting this weirdness, where I am unable to grab the sliders as the cursor stays as an I-Beam and doesn’t change to an arrow over the slider area. And note the value of the Strength parameter - not 0%, just gone. It doesn’t do this at first open, but eventually happens if the dialog is opened/closed a few times. I’ve been able to reproduce in both standalone and ARA plugin.

Again, I wish the admins would consolidate complaints related to SL9 into a single thread.

I cannot repro this issue here.

Can repro, this will be improved. If that happens you can hit the Enter key and it should go back to the mouse grab behavior. Or you can use the mouse wheel to increase or decrease the value.

1 Like

Unfortunately it is erratic - It’s happened about 2/10 times for me. If I can identify a common variable, I will share it. Thank you for looking into it!

Can repro, this will be improved. If that happens you can hit the Enter key and it should go back to the mouse grab behavior. Or you can use the mouse wheel to increase or decrease the value.

Thank you! The workarounds are helpful.

Again, I wish the admins would consolidate complaints related to SL9 into a single thread.

This is my fault, not the admins. I thought the CPU bogdown issue was related to what the OP was describing. Feel free to move my comments.

You didn’t do anything wrong, so far as I’m concerned.