Slash-Rhythmic-Normal notation together

Hi everyone,

Have been slowly, very slowly, transitioning from Sibelius to Dorico.
I am trying to create a worksheet in which slash notation, rhythmic notation and normal notation are all happening in a relatively short time.

For slash notation, all easy.
For rhythmic notation, as I go to Edit>Voices>Rhythmic Slashes>Slashes with stem, I can create the rhythmic notation, but it erase my normal notation.
If I imput the slash notation with AltV, it creates a different voice, which is not what I am looking for.
I’ve watched numerous video and read articles, but I can’t seem to find an answer, and i am sure that it’s around my eyes but I can’t find it.

I hope you can help me out here. Cheers,
Claudio

If you don’t need the non-slashed and slashed notes to be within the same beam, you can use a slash voice and just remove any excess rests you don’t want to see.

If they need to be within the same beam, you can change the noteheads of just selected notes to use a slash notehead.

To change the voice of just selected notes, not all notes in the voice, see here.

You can of course (as you probably have already worked out) combine slash regions with normal notation – input the slash region where you need, input the notes where you need, and show notes alongside slash regions.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I sort of figured out, indeed changing the head of the single note is what makes the most sense for what I am trying to achieve.

Some things are extremely intuitive, others a bit harder to find, and I guess I’m very used to the old program.
Speaking of slash + rhythm notation, if I have a kick at the very last 8th note, we usually add a legato that “does not” go to another note, just meaning that it’s a kick and the sound can continue onto the next bar.

With dorico when you create a legatura you must have a target note. is there a way to achieve this without that target note? and just have a legato sign, just like the picture below. Thanks in advance!
Schermata 2022-02-28 alle 09.46.45

In Dorico we call that a laissez vibrer tie and you can do those like this.