Slate Digital FG-X crashes Cubase 6 64bit

I am experiencing a very weird problem with this plugin.

I run Cubase 6 64bit and the plugin in its 64bit version as well.

Each time I open it Cubase crashes and I get an error log. Also I get a message that the video engine has stopped working.

It does not seem to happen in Cubase 32bit. Is any one else experiencing this behavior?

The Slate Digital FG-X is not 64-bit yet. Steven Slate is working on it and it will be released when it’s done. (Should be fairly soon,

nexis

In the meantime, you could try jbridge found here…

Sorry I have to disagree. FG-X has a 64 bit version that is installed when you run the setup of the plugin.

And also, the specifications from Slate Digital website :

VST® 32 bit / 64 bit, Audio Units, RTAS® (Pro Tools® 7 or higher)

Hardware: any Intel or AMD processor with SSE2 support, 1 GB RAM

Operating system: Windows® XP, Windows Vista® (32/64 Bit), Windows 7® (32/64 Bit)

Hardware: Mac PowerPC G5 or any Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM

Operating system: Mac OS® X 10.4 or later

I see what you are saying. But check this out. It’s from the Slate Digital Forum…

http://www.slatedigital.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=228

We as “Cubase” users, it’s not working right, for the time being, you have to bridge it with jbridge. I emailed Steven Slate about it and he told me they’re working on a nice update to it. They are even working on the FG-X as separate componants :slight_smile: Talk to you soon my friend…

nexis

Hey Nexis, thanks for the link!

The thing is that in my case the 64bit plugin appears just fine in the plugin list in Cubase 6 64 bit. This is weird.

Yeah, that is weird. For me, ,I have Cubase 6 32 AND 64bits installed. I know, it’s sad, but this is how I am able to use all my plugins. I use jBridge for some things, but any plugin that I bridge seems to make my CPU meter spike and create some clicks and pops so I only use it if I really have to. I am a Waves Mercury user and I can’t wait for ALL Waves plugs to also be 64bit

nexis