Slaving A N5 workstation to another

I’ve been doing ADR sessions and playing back HD QTs … (1280X720 pjpegs) I’ve only been able to get my latency down to 512 … This is a problem … the Actors have not complained but I know 512 is is on the edge of being acceptable … I’ve been thinking it might be best to play my video off of another N5 workstation slaved … I have never used VST System link but what I read about it was that linking 2 machine together works great but it defaults to whatever the highest latency is from the 2 workstations involved - so that does not seem like it would work for me …

So I’m thinking I would slave the Picture workstation using either 9pin or MMC … I have spent some time trying to figure out getting the 2 workstation working together via 9pin but have not successfully gotten it to work yet … I think it should work but I have not figured out the correct configuration yet for master and slave… I have Rossetta 9pin interfaces on both machines…

I also have a couple 2X2 midi interfaces that I could use on the 2 workstation if MMC works better …

Wondering if anybody is out there doing what I’m attempting and could offer some advice or configuration guidelines

Buy the way both workstations are PCs running XP with Blackmagic HD Extreme PCIe cards SDI out.

One other thing I should possibly consider is direct monitoring for the actors mic … This is something I’ve never tried to get working either … is this a viable solution for what I’m trying to accomplish?

Thanks for any advice I can get on this matter …

The end gane here being getting my latency down on the master workstation down to 64 or 128 samples

felixx

Just put Chaingang or MTC Video Slave (temporarely not online) to your other computer, and you set for only $99.
As far as syncing goes, we use Midi Over Lan. No cables, no hardware, 5 settings and all works rock solid.

Fredo

Thanks Fredo … I’m happy to spend $99 … I’ll let you know if I run into any other questions…

felixx