Slow preset propagation in preset selection window

I tried to search for ‘preset load time,’ and got the ‘Too common word’ message!

So, sorry if this is a redundant post.

Anyway, what affects the time it takes the preset window to populate? When I choose a preset type from Halion Sonic SE, for an example, it quickly shows about 10 options (whether a search term is included or not), and then for about 20 to 30 seconds the little round arrow goes around and around … before finally populating the window with all preset options.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Como

Nobody else experiencing this problem?

Como

Probably just related to a large amount of media to filter through. How many “items” do you have in Media Bay with no filters on? A fresh install already has near 10,000. A few sample packs and 3rd party VSTi could take that number very high in a short time.
HTH
J.L.

A lot! I once set the number to 100,000 in the search … but then set it back to 20,000 thinking that would restore things. It didn’t seem to make any difference.

Are you suggesting I need to open media bay and filter out everything but presets to increase the speed?

I don’t understand why this would happen in Halion SE … you’d think it’s preset folders would be nested and you would be able to limit the search to those.

Maybe there is some other filter settings I need to set up.

Any further suggestion?

Como

Well, I don’t really know how the whole thing works but 100,000 items to sort through is alot. Could be why it takes some time.
HTH
J.L.

Thanks for help … but when I reset it from 100,000 to 20,000 it didn’t change anything. The propagation is still extremely slow.

Como

When you change to 20,000 are you just changing the max number it displays? It would still have to go through all 100,000 to decide which 20,000 to display seems like…
J.L.