Slur entry suggestions

I would like to suggest 2 changes in behaviour when entering slurs:

1. Press S. Start entering notes and they appear under a slur that continues to stretch as the passage extends. (current behaviour). Then, pressing S again will end that slur, and begin a new slur with the next note entered. Surely this is a much more common situation than the current, where hitting S a second time begins a second slur without ending the first? I have never needed two slurs at once!

2. If you are ‘overwriting’ music (let’s say you’ve copied and pasted a passage but want to change some notes in the middle, so you just start typing them in over the top of what’s currently there), then hitting S for slur doesn’t work - it only works if the space you’re entering music into has rests. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I can’t think of a logical reason why the S for slur command shouldn’t work in that situation as if you were entering in music in the place of rests.

Cheers all

Jared

Dorico is consistent. S turns on slurs, shift-S turns it off (just a ; invokes tuplets and shift-; turns it off). So to end one slur and start the next use shift-S S

I don’t find that to be the case.