slur problem after copying?

In the attached file I have copied 2 bars of a piece for choir and organ. I have copied notes from the choir into the organ part and now I can’t lengthen the slur in the first bar here. Neither with Shift-Alt-arrow right nor with the mouse.
If I delete all and input the same again it works. So something must have happened during the copying process I assume.
Maybe helpful for the programmers to find out what it is in oder to prevent such situations in future.

Slur problem.dorico.zip (264 KB)

Because you copied the slurs are likely “linked” to one another. Unlink them and you should be able to edit them independently. Dorico is making the logical assumption that you want to slur the same musical material in the same way.

If you unlink this slur it doesn’t help. And the slur wasn’t linked to another because the other parts soprano and alto 2 had no slurs.
Thanks for the reply.

Currently when lengthening slurs, the code only tries to do that only in the same voice, you can’t lengthen slurs beyond the end of a voice. In the attached file, the downstem voice in the first bar is a different voice to the downstem voice in the second bar (you can see that if you turn on voice colouring in the View / Note and Rest colours menu). At the moment, you have to reenter the slur to end in the second bar.

We will think about how to improve this behaviour.

Currently when lengthening slurs, the code only tries to do that only in the same voice, you can’t lengthen slurs beyond the end of a voice. In the attached file, the downstem voice in the first bar is a different voice to the downstem voice in the second bar (you can see that if you turn on voice colouring in the View / Note and Rest colours menu). At the moment, you have to reenter the slur to end in the second bar.

We will think about how to improve this behaviour.

Ah I see. I didn’t realized that I unintendedly used different voices.
Thanks

Whilel trying to change the downstem voice in bar 1 by selecting all 3 notes with mouse clicks and then choose via right click to change the voice into the 1st downsten voice I got an unexpected result. The triplet gets deleted. The last of the 3 notes goes into the next bar.
Is this intended?

When dealing with triplets, if you select the notes, make sure you select the signpost (or bracket with number) too. Your problem could come from that.

I think you have to add to the selection the tuplet (and the slur) as well before you invoke the change voice command.

I see. But I hope this will get changed as this is not intuitive. I would expect that if I select all notes of a triplet the bracket and number gets selected as well (automatically). If I really want it the other way (seldom case) then I would have to manually deselect the bracket or number or signpost. Wouldn’t this be easier and more intuitive?

Thanks Marc and András.