Small improvements that would make the user experience better IMHO

1. A “Collect all files” option to gather all the files necessary for the session if they are in different locations. Having to save to another folder to collect all the used media is not ideal.
  2. When one creates a new session, Cubase automatically creates a folder for it. Seems to me it would save some clicks and get one straight to work.
  3. When mixdown starts, all the record enabled channels are disarmed. It happened far too many times, especially with very large sessions that one of the audio tracks was record enabled and as a result the audio contained on that track wasn’t printed on the mixdown
  4. Project versions. It would be super nice to save a new version (vocal edit or mix for example) and access the entire version history via a window in Cubase (instead of having to see a million files called Coolsong MIX3finalfinalversion in the project folder, with all the spurious backup files)
  5. Backup files in a dedicated subfolder. Looks nicer.
  6. Movie export from inside Cubase. Lots of users ask for that. They are right.
  7. Being able to zoom in and out using the drag down from the top of the window move without the transport re seeking to the pointer position. Makes for a faster workflow
  8. When exporting stems, make it so that mono tracks output mono files. It saves space and I think it’s neater to send channel accurate files instead of those double mono stereo files.
  1. If you right click in the pool there is an option called “Prepare Archive” that does this.
  2. File > Save New Version does this.

Great ideas. I’ve sometimes requested features that already existed but I hadn’t yet discovered. Do the above do what you’re looking for?

+1 I like all of these. They’re more little things that make daily use of Cubase more efficient and faster, which is the main thing that it needs.

“2) When one creates a new session, Cubase automatically creates a folder for it. Seems to me it would save some clicks and get one straight to work”

This one is so immense logical and is how most DAW’s work, but not Cubase … mwehhhh :frowning:
+1, plz Steini !

Warm Regards.