Snap only to current track

When using the Montage to assemble it would be useful if items would only snap to items on the same track. Is there a way to do this?

Try highlight the Montage Track by selecting it (most left area)
and I think the Tab key also works to highlight the Track in the Montage
and use the Shift key + Tab key to move upwards

regards S-EH

I don’t understand. My problem is with snapping to clip boundaries etc, not with selecting tracks.

Ok,

Montage

menu Modes / Snap to magnetic items
Magnetic bounds with different choices

regards S-EH

Yes, I know that much. But there is no option that I can find to only snap to items on the same track. It becomes rather difficult to snap to the right things when there are many clips on many tracks.

Now back to the question, is there a way to only snap to items on the same track? If not, that would be a useful option in the future.

I don’t think that there is an explicit command to snap only to items on the same track. What you can do is to minimize/hide the tracks you don’t want to act for snapping (the little triangle on the upper left of the track). The items on those tracks will not be regarded for snapping then.

LutzR is right and proves one more time he knowns WaveLab very well :wink:

Ok, that doesn’t help me, I need those tracks open, too.

Anyway, that would be a feature request: Option to “Snap only to items on same track”

Johannes

Anyway, that would be a feature request: Option to “Snap only to items on same track”

That’s a valid request.