Snap Points. HELP US TO ERADICATE!

The title of your post says; “Snap Points. HELP US TO ERADICATE”
I’m not sure what your understanding of the word “eradicate” is but the Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition is.
1: To do away with as completely as if by pulling up by the roots
2: To pull up by the roots.

That headline is what drew me to comment on this thread.
So, Before you go calling anybody ignorant I’d brush up on your understanding of the words you choose.
And you used the same language in 2015.

And you’re calling me ignorant? You were admittedly clueless to how snap points work.
I was using Cubase when you were still watching Sponge Bob and drooling on your diapers.
Learn the functionality of the program.

You’ve posted this rant before. And if you want to see what ignorant looks like just review some of your comments on this thread from 2015:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/snap-points-please-help-me-eradicate

And not to beat a dead horse but in that thread you say “…no other DAW has them [S points] to my knowledge…” And as I “assumed” before, you’re expecting Cubase to act like other programs. Cubase is better than all others BECAUSE it has unique features.

Yes, they can be BROUGHT to any point. Any files imported into Cubase will have the snap at the beginning of the file and any subsequent cut.

NOTE: There was a time in previous versions of Cubase where S points would “snap” to the closest Q value when adjusting the start of an event. And I learned how to work with that functionality.
But for a long time now, S points stick to the front of events unless you change them. (unless there’s some preference somewhere that I overlooked)

No, the snap point always moves free form. Unless you are recording new events that have a random start point other than a Bar. In that case Cubase will assign a snap value to the closest Q value. Which is a good thing.

I’ve been using Cubase since before it even had audio capabilities and I was a beta tester for all these programs in the early 90’s.
SX was a hot mess. A complete rebuild of the original program due in part to Apple and Microsoft radical operating system changes and Yamaha purchasing Steinberg. It took years of dialogue to restore lost functionality. Some of it still gone.
So bragging that you cut your teeth on SX only means that you had a very unfortunate first impression of Cubase.

I’ve heard people ask for a quick way to reset all snaps to the front of a file (event) but that can be a disaster too. Again, find out WHY the snap points were not where expected. In short, learn the functionality of your DAW.

A flexible snap point is an asset. I work with snap on a lot of things like cymbal / timp swells, evolving sound effects, percussion that I want to retain sound that precedes the crest or just ahead of the beat, vocal alignment… etc etc etc. I also nest most of my work into Parts. Another unique and indispensable feature that many people are clueless to.

Bottom line; the snap value will be at the top of an audio file / event unless you moved it. (or recorded not using a Bar as a starting point.)

Please demonstrate these “random” snap points.
Upload a video which shows you importing files that have “random” snap values. If they do have unexpected snap values on import it might be because they were moved or recorded in another Cubase project and then imported.

BTW - Calling someone ignorant during civil discourse does not define them, it defines you.