So many complaints

Maybe that’s why there will be an update for v5 or maybe (and this is what I think) updating the old version before the new in particular when there is an OS change; this will become the norm, as it allows work to be done simultaneously on two “branches” of the software which in actual fact is quite common in open source software so thumbs up for Steinberg!

Whoa!
I can’t even use Variaudio properly, not to mention draw envelpoes on long tracks, timestretch properly, record midi properly, if that’s moaning, gosh I’m sorry…

is there anything in c6 working right for you ? sounds like you need to tweek your system if its that bad ,but thats one thing people don’t mention about win 7 ,to make it run smooth you have to optimize it !
i only use a little variaudio ,time stretch as im a great believer of getting the recording as near as dam it instead of making the software push the boundaries and make it unstable , hence C6 i love you your stable as hell for me !

With sound modules it is a bit easier since you can record the audio again using midi.

WHAT!?

What about all of this:

I get it, don’t complain if you use features noone else needs or uses…
I give…no more moaning, I’m just going back to 5.52 untill the beta stage is complete.

BTW: Ecxept for all the features that don’t work, C6 IS very stable and I look forward to using it!

There are many for whom these problems don’t exist. Effort is not just coming here and moaning it’s also getting about to other forums if the answers aren’t immediately here. Some info has to be extrapolated from several areas of expertise your own observations.
You should have gathered that you really shouldn’t be having this many problems with C6 and that some research is needed by you to sort out why it is that you in particular seem to be affected.
That way you’ve got more chance of fixing them.
And as is continually pointed out this forum is not strictly official support.
That is what I mean by “effort from themselves”. I have had to do this sort of thing in the past.
If I relied on a forum I’d still be sucking my thumb.

Recording MIDI shouldn’t be a problem.

Running really well here.
Check out the Cakewalk forums to view real complaints!
Disasterous new version for Sonar.

I’m really happy for the one’s that have no problems at all … i’m not being sarcastic or anything I’m really happy for you but please don’t rub-it in …
I don’t wanna start a fight but for some of us … cubase 6 is not working like it should

I have Cubase 5 install and it work really well no crashed or anything, now I buy Cubase 6 and from the start The DVD of Halion Sonic don’t install then I have to trash my preference for some bad install script or something and now I can’t save my project … I always get a message about corrupted project files but cubase 5 still work fine on the same computer with the same plugin’s in the same house with the same sound man drinking a new cup of coffee

So please peoples … it shouldn’t be that hard to do and upgrade I already waisted a LOT of time on cubase 6 so like I said in another post I will go back to Cubase 5 and wait patiently for a Patch

Have a Nice Sunday

Scuse my ignorance here but…what is there to optimise in W7?? I’m hearing from all sorts of sides that the “tweaking” mania from 98 or XP times is long over…

No. It’s no good sitting here and not getting fixed. I think I advised you before to call / email the support desk because your problem is not at all typical and in all likelyhood won’t get a fix here.
There will be no patch for your problem unless you ring support and sort out the problem there, so no use waiting. They won’t patch anything they don’t see as their problem.
Honestly, and I don’t want a fight here, I have never seen a problem like yours fixed from here. Your problem looks to be disk corruption (defrag trouble even?) or a C6 configuration or, as sometimes happens, the new version has just overloaded your data flow in some way.
There are good reports of the guys on the support teams and they seem to be able to help with stuff you maybe hadn’t thought of.
If you think of computers in automobile terms then in many cases you’re still fixing your own machine parts. If computers were autos then really we’re still in the 1920s. You still got to change your own oil and spark plugs. So we got to ring the garage now and then.

Try starting a new project and re-import old midi/audio files.

Well, I understand more than anyone issues happen. Trust me when I say, once you get it settled, its like the ferrari of daws imho. When I started the topic it wasn’t to rub in anyones face that mine is problem free; it was to let sb know I am a satisfied consumer. Hope you get yours up and running smooth.

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Only just now have I stopped the machine from freezing a few minutes into a project, missing out on a final edit and needing to restart (C5) so am very hopeful 5.5.3 will bring some serious stability to the system, of which I know steinberg is most capable of providing.

Quite so, no tweaks necessary,W7 is ready to go as is, tweak at your peril.

hi bumble b
If you search the forums and through some threads there has been talk that to take advantage of the full potential of win 7 with larger a mount of cores and ram in 32 bit and 64 bit you need to do some tweaking ,its only what i have seen on the forum and can’t test myself as i do not run win 7 but i would come to the conclusion that if not every person with win 7 is having ALL the same issues as beatpete then i would of thought it would be something to do with the way win 7 is set up on his system hence “tweak to optimize”. im not a computer expert and don’t claim to be but surely if it was a fault with c6 alone then every user would be suffering with every fault or bug ?
The reason i say that is iv’e tried some of these repo’s to see what the bug would do to my system but some of them i have not been able to reproduce which im happy about of course so is it a incompatibly with the so said system setup of each individual ?

regards
john

Well - for now I have only a small problem with track folders. When there are multiple tracks i a folder in C5 you could see in the track folder the tracks underneath each other (all tracks “reflected” in the track folder). Very handy when you try to synchronise tracks in another folder, because the starting points where visible.

In C6 however, the folder track is a uniform colour with no indication what is “below”, so you have to unfold the folder to make the same adjustments. I have searched to get things like the “old” C5, but there seems to be no setting to do this.

Other than that I can say C6 is rock solid for me. I must admit I did not pressed C6 that much for now, but even on a “light” system (Athlon X2 5200+, 4Gb) with a reasonable amount of audio and softsynth tracks (and a fair amount of FX plugins) everything runs smooth…

I am at the Artist version at this moment, but my experiences with C6 so far have convinced me to invest in the “full” C6 version.

If C6 were an automobile it’d be a clown car.

Press the brake, and the lights come on.
Turn the lights off, and the windows pop open.
Shut the windows, the wipers come on.
Turn the wipers off, and finally the brakes come on.

Ooops! You’ve killed someone cos it now takes you 200 yards to stop instead of 10.

Not so. That’s just your clown computer. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

Works fine for most people.