So Sad... :(

I don’t mean to belittle all the victims of the Joplin tornado, but this picture made it personal.

Oh no – that looks like a B3.

John Hammond stopped by Sam Ash last week to visit Larry Hartke who, believe it or not, works there every week from Wed - Fri. I was in the office the day after…24 hours too late. :frowning:

I worked for the State of New Jersey long ago.

I witnessed the destruction of a Hammond by sledge-hammer because it was being officially “retired” and those were the rules. The manager feared if it was hauled away to the dump it might be diverted in route, if it was left intact. Disgusting.

:open_mouth: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is the sad state of affairs for many large and not so large corporations… Disgusting indeed.

Whatever happened to donating to the needy? And I am perplexed by why the State would own a Hammond, where was it located?

It was located at a “residential center” for “emotionally disturbed youth”.

It didn’t work … likely a worn-out tube. So it was jettisoned. Management rejected the idea of “donating” it (too much bureaucratic red tape), or allowing it to grow legs and walk off (which could get manager into trouble). Nope, they insisted on the sledgehammers and watched from an office window to make certain it was demolished before being hauled off to a landfill.

Disgusting.

Agreed. Wonder what they did with the emotionally disturbed youths then? :wink:

Maybe we could get a petition together to “stop the unnecessary demolition of instruments and artifacts of musical history”? :sunglasses: Yeah I know that’s a mouthful. I have always had trouble coping with the disconnect between the all consuming artistic influence in our society, and the complete disrespect for the artists and tools absolutely required to create this phenomenon.