Soft-e licenceser trouble

Hello…
I’ve just bought Cubase 11 pro, and I have installed it in my computer… Cubase runs with no problems but, when I open de elicenser control center I don´t have any soft-elicenser code for making a registration of it in My Steinberg account… aparently it didn’t stored in my system while I installed the software…
How could I get my soft-elicenser? Any help will be thankfull…
Greetings

Hello and welcome,

The Cubase Pro license is not stored in a Soft-eLicenser (only the Elements version of Cubase can use a Soft-eLicenser). Instead, the Pro license is stored in the USB-eLicenser (the dongle).

If you can not see the license in your MySteinberg account, you need to register your eLicensers. Check this page:

Thank you for answering…
When i open the Elicenser Control Center I just have the usb elicenser icon, but there is no soft-elicenser icon on the elicensers. In the “register” option I only have the usb-elicenser code for registering into my My Steinberg account. I already did it.
But there is any soft-elicense code in the Elicenser control Center, neither in My Steinberg. I wonder if it’s normal or I need to get a Sof-elicenser…

I’ts possible that i will change my computer soon and I want to reinstal and reactivate Cubase pro 11 without the necesity to buy it once again, or suffer any other problem with the licenses and registration.
Anyway, if i understood your message properly, i will not need a soft-elicenser… Am i right?

Aha, there’s no Soft-eLicenser option in eLCC… Well, I don’t know why it’s missing. But on the page I linked to it’s mentioned that “On your system there might be a single eLicenser listed only”, so I suppose it’s not so unnormal, but I don’t know why this was not created.

However, for Cubase Pro you will not need it - in fact, it’s not even possible to use it for the Pro version.

If you reinstall Cubase to another computer, there is no reactivation or new registration needed. The license is on the USB-dongle, not on the computer. You can even have Cubase installed on as many computers as you want at the same time, and just switch the dongle (containing the license) between them.

For now there should be no problems. However, if in the future you wanted to install a product which only requires the Soft-eLicenser you could try the “eLC Installation Helper” …

Soft-eLicenser (virtual license container) is missing – Steinberg Support

1 Like