"Soft-elicenser doesn't have enought permissions..."

Thanks Alanb , Steinberg support get me to try contact some distributor , in many countries …how can a distributor help me , they may be just sell ?? i purchased thru Asknet online… why why have it so complicated ?? i am just going in circles , down load new LLc , keep doing maintenance runs , install , uninstall , reinstall , ???

done this several times , now i get the message as i start , to install the latest elicencer " The Elicenser cannot be installed on this computer because the installed version of the OS is too old the minimum requirement is MS win 7 "
well i have win 7 x 64 bit installed recently on this pc ??? any insights please thanks ws
i , yes done all that … new mesg now …done this several times , now i get the message as i start , to install the latest elicencer " The Elicenser cannot be installed on this computer because the installed version of the OS is too old the minimum requirement is MS win 7 "
well i have win 7 x 64 bit installed recently on this pc ???
well at least a different mesg , n it wont proceed , so il try reinstall win 7 , n next may be will install win 10 , though , My trusted Evolution MK 316 C , midi controller may not get the win 10 drivers … ??? but at least some hope … will comment on what happens , so far , thanks for all the tips n trying … ws
any insights please thanks ws

n for the sake of me n all , what happens if one accidentally ( i didnt) deletes the licenses on the USB e licencer hardware ?? or the USB dongle goes bust ??

I suddenly am getting this error message after putting my Windows 10 studio computer online, and it downloaded and installed Windows updates.
There was a major update late 2017 or early 2018 that it installed, and it said it was installing the latest version of Windows 10.

Now every time I open Cubase 8.5, I get the error message : “Soft-elicenser doesn’t have enought permissions to run properly. Please run LCC to fix this problem.”

I put the computer back online, opened the syncrosoft software, and ran the updates and maintenance. Nothing has changed.

I am going to try renaming or moving the file in C:\ProgramData\Syncrosoft\ since I do not want to delete stuff and find out later I need it for something.

Have I missed anything? I would think installing the latest Windows updates and the most current syncrosoft updates would fix it, but the problem persists.

It isn’t preventing me from working in Cubase. It’s an annoyance. After clicking OK on the error dialog box, Cubase continues initiating and runs normally after as far as I can tell.

This one solved this issue for me:

You need to download the latest version of the LCC (eLicenser Control Center) and run it as an admin (right click, run as Admin, on Windows).

Download it from here for your OS:

Ensure you close Cubase before reinstalling the eLicenser Control Center and plug in the USB e-Licenser.

It should fix the problem.

I had the same problem. I tried following the on-screen instructions to fix this, but they didn’t work. However, I think I wasn’t really running the eLicenser as the administrator (although I thought I was). After right-clicking on the eLicenser icon, selecting ‘Run as administrator’, and then following the on-screen instructions (to update the eLicenser), everything went back to normal, and the ‘doesn’t have enough permission’ message disappeared. I hope this is helpful.