Softube adding VST3 support

Hi,

Ok, strueth, where to start.

I now have version CL-1B 1.1.2 installed in Cubase 5.5.3.

The problem ignoring bypass status is still there. I also loaded Steinbergs Compressor (VST3) and a UAD SSL Channel
Strip and bypassed them to make sure there wasn’t a general problem. They both remained bypassed.

The side-chain problem is getting more confusing. First I tested by removing all CL-1B instances (3), saved, closed
and re-opened the project. I then loaded a CL-1B (on a bass channel) and clicked the side-chain button then connected a bass drum channel send to it. After saving, closing and re-opening the project, the side-chain set-up seemed ok.

I then loaded 2 more instances of CL-1B on different channels and bypassed them thinking maybe that was causing problems. I saved, closed and re-opened the project. The CL-1B’s were un-bypassed again. The side-chain set-up was still there but when I clicked on the send on the bass drum channel, the one side-chained, there were 3 side-chain entries all greyed out, all pointing to the wrong CL-1B instance which wasn’t even side-chain activated! When I clicked on an empty send slot there were no side-chain options.

I hope that wasn’t too hard follow. I’ve actually seen more strangness but trying to explain it now is doing my head in.

A couple of points:

There was a thread a while back demonstrating a side-chain bug which I helped confirm. Link:

But I’m getting the feeling that CL-1B is adding its own problems rather than it’s all Cubase’s fault.

And, the project I’m testing in was started in SX3 and ported to 5 then up through the patches. Which may not help the situation.

So later, maybe tomorrow (I’ve had enough for the moment!), I’ll do some more testing in a new project to get rid of posibility that it may be the project causing problems.

So far though, it seems a bit of a mess.

Mark