Seriously considering buying the Mark III (latest version). Has anyone had experience using this with Cubase 13? Any issues?
All comments will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Seriously considering buying the Mark III (latest version). Has anyone had experience using this with Cubase 13? Any issues?
All comments will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I have the console 1 fader and channel MK3 in Cubase Pro 15 (mac) and apart from the odd reset I have to do by opening and closing the OSD bridge software it works pretty good. The integration with the standard Cubase channel strip is much welcomed however one annoying aspect is that it turns on all 4 EQs when the equaliser is bi-passed and turned on again even when only one eq was activated and being used at the time. Not great but perhaps theyâll change it with some update.
Hi, I have recently purchased the Softube Console 1 Compact and Iâm pretty happy with it so far - as a UAD Spark user, it gives me immediate access to most UAD plugins on a single layout. I had already mapped most of my favorite plugins in order to have an homogeneous layout on another control surface but it did take a lot of time.
I really enjoy the immediate (without having to insert a Console 1 plugin) integration with Cubase native channel strip (Pre/EQ/Comp) - which is a recent feature I believe. However, once you insert the Console 1 plugin there is no way to interact with the channel strip anymore (I tried Console 1 bypass, Cubase bypass and power off). You have to remove the plugin. Also, it could be extended to other components of the strip (shaping, gate and saturation) for instance, maybe this will happen over time.
The Compact currently doesnât have a MIDI CC mode (I was told this is a bug) but the MkIII has, and apparently (with some limitations) it allows for third party plugins management. I canât wait to try and map other plugins this way.
My other frustration is the lack of track filtering - either relying on Cubaseâs track visibility features or, Ă la EUCON, via a dedicated layout system. The favorites kind of allow that but itâs rather limited.
Overall, still, this is a great little device, even though the OSD / plugin view is rather dated, it is very usable.
Another small frustration: even in compact mode (a view mode where only tracks with the Sotfube plugin inserted are shown), tracks where the plugin is âpowered offâ or bypassed will show up.
Also: UAD plugins within Console 1 have a very noticeable impact on performance (that would make sense), I still have to compare with performance when the same plugin is inserted as a ânormalâ insert.
It seems you can kind of overcome the lack of âgroupâ feature on the Compact with Cubaseâs native Qlink.
Iâve been using C1 Mk3 for a few months now and it really is a very good piece of kit. It can be a little âflakyâ and can get consfused when using multi-channel software (such as Maschine in my case).
One other small irritation is that it doesnât play nice with the Stereo Out channel, but not a problem for me as I normally pipe tracks to a âMix Busâ. Something to be aware of I guess.
It prompted me to invest in more Softube plugins, and my IK Multimedia collection is now redundant, similarly most of the Waves plugins.